This is the rare case of a useful press release (or, as Steve Rubel puts it so eloquently here in a late description of the Press Release Cemetery, "wouldn't it be great if press releases had comments, trackbacks and a Technorati in-bound linkmeter actually attached to them?").
OnRequest Images has released the "industry's first ever Corporate Brand Imagery survey to shed light on how brand marketers are rethinking the way they purchase and use photography to build and market their brands". Some key results:
- 70% of respondents said they only commission photo shoots "once in a while or never" and consequently must rely on other options.
- Approximately 50% of respondents noted the reason they often don't shoot custom photography is because "they cost too much" and/or "the process takes too long".
- 55% of respondents agreed that they often "have to settle for images that are not quite perfect for our brand". and
- 38% said the "the images we choose sometimes appear in a competitor's marketing materials."
More details here.
- OnRequest Images and Aprimo Forge Strategic Alliance
- OnRequest Images Raises $8 Million In Second Round: Starbucks Enters The Stock Photo Industry
- OnRequest Images - A Threat To The Stock Photo Industry?
Technorati Tags: OnRequest Images