(+) = increase in traffic
(=) = no remarkable change
(-) = decrease in traffic
With respect to the last story about Alexa Traffic Rankings, here´s only a minor update regarding the Reporting Sites, without the earlier updates on agencies, micropayment stock sites, portals/ASPs, or tech sites. Remarks:
- StockIndexOnline.co.uk has experienced a dramatic decrease in traffic (the sister website StockIndexOnline.com is currently at 615,052).
- PhotoSource, with an Alexa ranking of 58,100, claims on the website that "This website gets 43,000 hits per day".
I doubt that this number is correct. With 43,000 hits per day, this would for sure result in an Alexa ranking of under 5,000.
For example, Alan Meckler noted recently that his blog gets about 300,000 page views a month (roughly 10,000 page views per day), resulting in an Alexa ranking of 28,335.
- Will Carleton recently renamed his website Photo Archive News to Photo Agency News (Alexa ranking: 3,757,686)
- On the funny side, Leila Boujnane (Hyperbio.net) of Idee Inc., with no Alexa ranking available, chairs a session titled “Creating a Viable Web Business”, next Tuesday, May 16, during Canada´s Web 2.0 conference called mesh.
- Alexa Rankings, Part III: StockPhotographer.info Outstrips PDN Online, About The Image Outflanks The Stock Asylum (March 20, 2006)
- "Alexa Traffic Rankings In The Stock Photo Industry: The Fun Continues" (Feb. 06, 2006)
- "Google PageRank and Alexa Traffic Rank: Numbers And Figures" (Dec. 20, 2005)
- American PHOTO Introduces New Website Shortly, Enters Podcasting (March 28, 2006)