Does anyone remember the International Stock Imagery Association (ISIA), mentioned here and here? Gone with the wind. And so are the more or less significant Alexa rankings for some sites which report regularly about the incredible huge stock photo industry.
Although there are serious concerns if Alexa is a trustworthy tool to measure anything at all, it is remarkable that all sites obviously have lost readers, presumably due to the influence of seasonal factors (vacation time, world cup) and due to the fact that the mass hysteria to read all-you-can-eat about the micropayment stock photography phenomenon, born in February this year when Getty Images acquired iStockphoto, is over.
© 2005/2006 StockPhotoTalk Research Labs, a Hörni Productions company
*Alexa ranking for the old URL. American PHOTO now runs under the domain of
with an Alexa ranking of 19,577. This is of course the ranking of Popphoto, not specifically of American PHOTO. The same goes for American PHOTO´s new group blog, State of the Art - it would have been pure fun to track down their real Alexa ranking.
- Alexa Traffic Rankings, Part IV (May 12, 2006)
- Alexa Rankings, Part III: StockPhotographer.info Outstrips PDN Online, About The Image Outflanks The Stock Asylum (March 20, 2006)
- "Alexa Traffic Rankings In The Stock Photo Industry: The Fun Continues" (Feb. 06, 2006)
- "Google PageRank and Alexa Traffic Rank: Numbers And Figures" (Dec. 20, 2005)
- American PHOTO Introduces New Website Shortly, Enters Podcasting (March 28, 2006)