The holiday season is now over in the US and all of a sudden Getty launches today officially Getty Images "Live", according to the company a new offering and a new way to "interact with imagery". Live allows you to "find the latest editorial imagery" and "to stream a customizable selection of the latest images directly to your desktop".
Getty says that the new offering "lets users find and connect with the most recent and relevant news, sports and entertainment images from Getty´s award-winning photographers".
The Feed option allows to receive preselected image content (Sports, Entertainment, News) and access to Portrait, Publicity, Archival and Features. A search box, tools for customization (My Favorites and tabs) and buttons for navigating as well as for enlarging images are included.
Using Getty Images Live requires the download and installation of special software for MAC and WIN (available here: www.gettyimages.com/getlive). I´m currently installing the software and will possibly be back with a more detailed report later.
- PayPal founder's photo slideshow site gets funding:
More on "Slide Inc., a start-up that allows Web users to publish online slideshows of photos and other digital media", in a Reuters story (Nov. 15, 2006)
- FilmLoop Introduces FilmLoop 2.0 and Brand New Content Web Site (Nov. 06, 2006)
- FilmLoop Receives $7 Million In Series B Funding (May 01, 2006)
- World Picture Network Partners With FilmLoop (Nov. 04, 2005), like earlier PhotoBucket and iStockphoto.
- FilmLoop Introduces Visual Communications Network Amid Broad Industry Support (Sept. 19, 2005)