... over the weekend:
- The East European Microstock Way:
- Between Past and Future: New Photography and Video from China.
(The Santa Barbara Museum of Art/Santa Barbara Contemporary Arts Forum).
- Amsterdam-based photographer Robert Elsing for FHM Girls Next Door.
But you better turn off the music after 30 seconds.
- Documentary filmmaker Scott Kesterson arrived in Afghanistan in May 2006 to begin a one year journey as an embedded journalist. His film (1 + 2), edited by David Leeson, examines the pitfalls and perils of a mostly forgotten war told through the experience of daily living with soldiers. Kesterson tells their stories from his roots as a citizen journalist and a former National Guard soldier himself.
- For starters: Photojournalism.
(very tough in the beginning - a borderline case in this selection).
- Now in its sixth year, the Best of Photojournalism (BOP) is the world´s leading digital photojournalism contest.
- WTF Iraq - Interview with Ashley Gilbertson (Part 4/6):
Ashley Gilbertson photographs the war in Iraq for the New York Times. He talks about the invasion of Iraq, the battle for Falluja, the Marines he worked with, post-traumatic stress disorder, Iraqi civilians, and the future of photojournalism.
- Family Of Photographers Owns Massive Collection (video below):
The Myers family of Sacramento has a collection of 600,000 slides of photos they have taken over the years.