A few first details:
- Subscription downloads will be limited to the L standard license. Customers who want to purchase an XL or larger size will be required to purchase credits and pay per download.
- By default, all non-exclusive images will be available as part of the subscription service but it will be possible to switch off this option for exclusive images.
- Fotolia is offering the market value for subscription sales from 23 - 30 cents, with respect to the contributor ranking.
- Fotolia will continue to offer a pay per download model and "we do not anticipate that many of our current customers will use it [subscription] but new customers will".
- "We needed to get those customers who do pay $200 a month and the only way to do this was through subscriptions."
- It is apparently an image-based subscription service, not a credit-based one.