- For download: the corrected PhotoShelter Photobuyer Survey (1.3 MB).
- Rumor: 2009 Overall Stock Photo Sales Down 40 Percent (Philip Nealey)
- Adography sounded initially like an interesting idea, but then it turned out:
"You cannot do anything with that photo until it is taken off of the site. You agree not to sell it to anybody else or to appoint another company to sell it for you. In short, you agree not to publish the photo in any way while the photo is on the site."
May be the soon starting SmugMugPro will be this kind of a desired solution.
- Recent statistics from Fotolia:
- Of out one million registered members, 860,000 are active (defined as having made at least one credit card purchase or uploaded content within the past three months).
- Fotolia says it is registering new members at a rate of 3,000 per day (86,800 per month).
- The number of uploads is very close to the number of paid downloads. People upload 40,000 images and other content every day, and download 50,000 images a day. That download rate translates to 1.5 million paid downloads a month.
- Fotolia already has 20,000 videos uploaded.