In previous years we had that beloved cannibalization thing going on in the world of stock images: "The analyst warned that buyers may emigrate to discount sites such as iStockphoto. 'We believe micropayment sales could potentially cannibalize (Getty's) royalty-free sales'", Piper Jaffray´s Aaron Kessler told the Houston Chronicle (report not online anymore) in mid-2006.
Also in 2006 the meanwhile famous "If someone’s going to cannibalize your business, better it be one of your other businesses" from JDK followed (here at Jeff Howe), and lately, with respect to the music business, the term reappeared as "willingness to cannibalize" (watch the different context and the "I would argue that had" at the beginning) in one of his interviews during MIDEM.
Finalists in the vid:
• Amke Block, CEO, Audiomagnet (Germany)
• Gregory Kris, CEO, decibel (UK)
• Joonas Pekkanen, Co-founder, GigsWiz (Finland)
• Jared Gutstadt, CEO & Co-founder, Jingle Punks (US)
• Antonis Karydis, Director, MATIvision (Greece)
• Todd Siegel, CEO, Merchluv (US)
• Jeff Mitchell, Managing Director, MusicHy.pe (New Zealand)
• Alex White, Co-founder & CEO, Next Big Sound (US)
• Justyn Sider, CEO, RootMusic (US)