In the light of the upcoming V3 of Fotolia´s website (and the competition) some major changes were announced:
- There will be only *one* subscription plan left in the future, instead of the Standard (L size) and the Premium (XXL size) subscription. This is for many reasons very interesting, the Premium subscription was alive little over 2 years.
Changes with respect to contributor commissions below (without absolute re-/progressive values between percentage differences):
- Videos in HD will no longer be offered in the subscription plan (like earlier in the Premium subscription), "but web resolution vids are available", in M size, counting now as five downloads.
HD vids need to be acquired separately in the future, as single downloads.
- Vectors, counting earlier as 3 DL, are counting now as 1 DL, and commissions for contributors were cut way stronger than for images, being in RPD now equal to images. Do your own math.
- Further Details on Image Pricing, Vector Pricing and Video Pricing.
- Contributor Royalty Changes@Fotolia (Jan. 21, 2011)
- Fotolia launches Premium Subscription (July 07, 2009)
- New Fotolia Microstock Subscription (May 31, 2008); Act II; Act III.