What to do with a $100 million credit you receive shortly before Christmas, especially if you can´t "believe the profit margins" in the Stock Photo Industry? JupiterImages did just what the company had done earlier, continued the shopping tour and has just announced that it has acquired all of the shares of the french company Stock Image S.A.S for approximately U.S. $11.1 million in cash. Stock Image S.A.S is selling rights-managed images through its Stock Image brand and royalty-free images through its Pixland brand.
JupiterImages acquired earlier in 2005 the following french companies: Agence Images, distributing rights-managed images, PR Direct, distributing royalty-free images and Goodshoot (for U.S. $9.8 million in cash), a resource of royalty-free images. Meckler added that "Jupiterimages is now one of the largest organizations in the important French image market." The founder of Stock Image, Michel Rawicki, will continue to work for Stock Image/JupiterImages.
Masterfile entered the French market earlier in 2005 with the acquisition of 080 SARL, a stock distributor in Paris.
- Definitely A Turning Point In The Stock Photo Industry: JupiterImages Invests In Stock.xchng And Stockxpert.com
- SYS-CON Interview With Alan Meckler: "I could not believe the profit margins"
- Merry Christmas! JupiterMedia Gets $100 Million Credit
- Party On! After Goodshoot and PR Direct, JupiterImages Acquires Agence Images
- Meckler´s JupiterImages Acquires Bigshot Media and BBM.net
- JupiterImages Acquires French RF Distributor PR Direct
- JupiterMedia Reports Q III/2005 Results; Rough Comparison To Annual Numbers Of Getty Images And Corbis
- JupiterImages Launches New Image Collection (re)view, Partners With Photographic Youth Music Culture Archive
- JupiterMedia Acquires BananaStock For $19M
- JupiterMedia Announces Acquisition of GoodShoot for Its JupiterImages Division