- Shutterstock, the first among its competitors to expand into royalty-free video content, announced the introduction of ShutterStock Footage, ready to serve customers in the spring of 2006.
- Reality or farce? Getty Images representative Eugene Cariaga lit the way to this week’s opening ceremony of the 20th Olympic Winter Games in Torino by carrying the Olympic Torch through Moncalieri, Piedmont. Cariaga said: “I am absolutely thrilled to have been given the honour of carrying the Olympic torch and to represent Getty Images in this amazing way. It will be something I never forget, especially as our photographers were there to capture the event every step of the way.” (PhotoArchiveNews)
- Fotolia introduces the feature Gallery for organizing and sharing the content of lightboxes. Also here.
- Fotolog (2 million members and 230,000 photo uploads daily) introduces a new photo archive system: example.
- Eastman Kodak released an imaging software package that yellows, fades, and even loses digital photos over time Monday; The Onion
- Maximizing Content Grabbing without linking back: Stockphotographer.info has published (Feb. 09, 2006) an article "written by James Alexander, Director of Adobe Stock Photos", called "Maximizing Opportunities, Managing Challenges".
The original article instead appeared in Photo Marketing on 11/1/2005 (also here).