In a nutshell the changes at iStockphoto with a new three-tier offering:
- "Low end": new Dollar Bin (around 200,000 images at start, priced by size at much lower rates, starting in spring 2009):
- "High end": a new Premiere Collection "of our best, exclusive content" called The Finite Collection:
- "Middle" with new prices for the Standard Collection:
- iStockvideo: HD 720 up from $60 to $75, HD 1080 from $75 to $90.
- iStockaudio: apparently soon open to PRO artists (ASCAP, BMI, SOCAN, etc.)*.
- "iStock now pays its contributors almost $1.1 million in royalties" - per week.
As Douglas puts it: "The [iStock] forums seems to have had a fresh injection of "woo yay!" culture, but the earnings continue to decline relative to the competition".
- Micro Machines (PDN/David Walker, Nov. 03, 2008)
- *A Short Fall Conversation With AudioMicro´s Ryan Born on Microstock Audio (Oct. 22, 2008)
- Some Contributors Disenchanted with iStock (Jim Pickerell, Dec. 08, 2008)